Thursday, July 30, 2009

Can I install new programs in drives other than 'c:\' in which xp is? Wil there b any chnge in pc's perfrmnce?

As I'm a multimedia studnt I hav to intall lots of softwares in my pc for which the space in the partition 'c' is not enough! plz help me! I hop u do!

Can I install new programs in drives other than 'c:\' in which xp is? Wil there b any chnge in pc's perfrmnce?
Yes you can





No it will not hurt anything.





When installing almost any software. It will ask where you want to install. I usually just change the c:\program files to d:\program files
Reply:Yes, you could, but there is a better way. If you move the data files for ALL your programs to other partitions and just keep the OS and your programs in the primary partition, you will see an improvement in performance.


If the C: partition is near capacity it also will effect how the pagefile (virtual memory) performs.


I would suspect that moving your multimedia data files to another partition would give you lots of room for programs.


No comments:

Post a Comment