Saturday, May 22, 2010

How to know what is efficiency of my old washing m/c or fridge? I may buy new and save Electricity / Bill?

If I know that the Electrical Equipment is working at say 40% then I am paying for say 100 and getting 40 out of it and 60% of electricity is just wasted. Also washing, for example done during the pre-defined cycle would also be of inferior quality. Then I may buy a new equipment which will have higher efficiency and thereby also improve the end result - better washing quality. And more importantly save the electricity wastage and also save my money. Same is true for Fridge and other equipments. If I save 1 unit daily then I would end up saving 365 x Rs.5 per unit =Rs.1825 in a year. Imagine if 1 Crore people are using washing machines/fridge in India it would amount to what?

How to know what is efficiency of my old washing m/c or fridge? I may buy new and save Electricity / Bill?
Unless you have a unit they is very old, I wouldn't worry about it till it breaks. I replaced a 28 year old furnace and that made sense first because it was very old anyway and second it was a 40%. A fridge doesn't use that much unless it's really bad shape. It's also not wise to buy a new car just for gas mileage.


No comments:

Post a Comment