Monday, May 24, 2010

How do I change the email address of my Yahoo Groups membership WITHOUT having to make a new membership a/c?

I've successfully added my email address as an alternate, have verified it through Yahoo's verification email, %26amp; have marked it as my Primary alternate email address for my Yahoo ID. However, when I try to post a message to one of my Yahoo Groups, it tells me that the email address is not recognized as a member. (And when I go to the Group's membership page, it's only showing my old email address for that ID's membership). I do NOT want to have to create a new Yahoo account and/or group-membership ID, and I do NOT want to have messages forwarded from the old email to the new one. The whole point of creating the new email address was to discontinue the old address altogether. But I don't want to have to change ID's/memberships, either. Surely there must be a way this can be done?? It would be completely illogical for Yahoo not to allow this. (Otherwise, why even allow for the creation of extra alternate email addresses?) Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer!

How do I change the email address of my Yahoo Groups membership WITHOUT having to make a new membership a/c?
maybe you missed the last step below





go to this link- http://groups.yahoo.com/myprefs click add email address on top left- follow steps and confirm address.





then go to this link http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups click edit my groups on the top left- locate group (if there's more than one) under the column Email Address click the arrow for the drop down box and select new address- click save changes
Reply:thanks very much!!! at last my problem my only one problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks toyou Spaceman Spiff and crazy_mom2_one!!! Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment